The First Aid at Work course is aimed at individuals wishing to gain the FAW qualification or improve their first aid knowledge. The 3 Day First Aid at Work Course (reduced from 4 day as per the HSE new guidelines October 2009) is intended for Business employing 50 or more Staff where a Workplace First Aider is required. Employers should ensure sufficient trained staff as First Aiders to allow for continuity of cover taking account of leave, secondments and promotions.
This course covers many First Aid situations enabling First Aiders to feel confident when assisting their colleagues, customers and visitors to the workplace.
Guided Learning Hours: 3 days
Assessment Method: Multiple Choice Questions
Certification: HSE Approved Certificate
- Providing emergency first aid at work
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones
- muscles and joints
- suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
- Recognising the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes
- The Principles of First Aid
- The Importance of Personal Safety
- Assessing the Scene
- Assessing the Casualty or Casualties.
The course can be delivered in-house or at any of our training venues throughout the UK.